Ela 0.9.12 is an important stabilization release. Upgrade is recommended.
* Change:Now it is recommended to use specific type conversion functions defined in Prelude (e.g. toInt, toList) instead of old style conversion syntax.
* New:New built-in extensible conversion function 'convert' is implemented. This function accept a target type and a value to convert.
* Fix:Comparing partially applicated functions which were applicated by thunks could cause a VM crush.
* Fix:A variant pattern match against a thunk that has a correct variant in it could fail when it should be a success.
* Fix:Implementation of Elem op code (function fst, snd, etc.) is fixed to correctly work in all situations (calculation errors, thunks, etc.).
* Change:Minor optimizations in Ela virtual machine.
* Change:Pushfld op code (obtain a value of an object's field) implementation is simplified and optimized.
* Fix:Passing thunk to a tupled function could cause an incorrect pattern match failure.
* Change:Conv op code (type conversion) is redesigned to support future extensibility.
* Change:ElaTypeInfo structure is redesigned;also a new SystemType property added (that contains System.Type instance). This property can be queried from .NET code.
* Change:Now ElaTypeInfo object has a public constructor; it is possible to implement your own reflection logic when creating custom types.
* New:Now it is possible to convert delegates to Ela functions (and vice versa) with up to 8 parameters (was 5).
* Change:Ela compiler error processing is improved.
* Change:Ela machine error processing is improved.