This is a stabilization release. It contains important fixes to Ela and Ela Console and several enhancements/additions to Elide and standard library.Ela changes
Ela Console changes
- Fix:A VM crush fixed - when running an in-memory module (like in interactive session), in a case of an unhandled Ela exception.
- Fix:Now it is possible to start a custom operator in Ela with a dot (.) symbol.
- Fix:Function names are better maintained in debug info, more information is now accessible through reflection.
- Fix:Locations are corrected in parser for let-bindings and simple patterns.
- Fix:A bug fixed when calling partially applied Ela functions from C#.
Standard library changes
- Fix:Now Ela Console doesn't crush in a case of internal Ela VM error, but prints an error message.
- New:A new Thunk module is added.
- Change:Function 'quot' from Core module is rewritten in Ela.
- New:New functions '.+', '.-' and ':=' are added to Cell module.
- Change:Library is restructured - now .NET functions are not called directly but through Ela functions.
- Change:Format module is restructured and rewritten in Ela (instead of C#). Module interface didn't change.
- Fix:A bug fixed in Format.printf and Format.printfn - format string without arguments weren't printed.
- Change:Now readn function from Con module trims all nil characters.
- Fix:Autocomplete window could be shown inside unclosed strings.
- Fix:A bug fixed in highlighting thunks in Ela editor.
- Change:Console settings are moved from Environment category to Views category in Options dialog.
- New:Output settings added to the Options dialog.
- New:File Explorer settings added to the Options dialog.
- Change:File Explorer settings are restructured. Now it supports filter of folder levels instead of global filtering.
- New:A 'Favorite Folders' feature added to File Explorer.
- Change:Now File Explorer view has a root 'My Computer' node (instead of drive nodes as top levels).
- Change:Sorting if File Explorer view is corrected - now directories always come first.
- New:A 'Flagged documents' node added to Open Files now (now it is possible to 'flag' open documents and to move them a separate folder in this view).
- New:Now Console view supports CtrlC,CtrlX,CtrlV and CtrlF shortcuts.
- New:Now Output view supports CtrlA and CtrlC shortcuts.
- New:Now EIL generation can be configuration through Options dialog.
- Fix:Folding now works correctly with multiline strings.
- Fix:Autocomplete window could be shown inside comments.
- New:A common exception handling dialog is added.
- New:A context menu added to the document tab. This menu allows to Save/Close/Close All Other/Copy File Path/Open Container Directory for the current document.
- New:A shortcut (Ctrl+F4) is added for Window\Close Current menu item.